Wounded Heart is a counseling ministry led by Dr. Jeff and Beth Caldwell. Jeff and Beth have been married for 30 + years. They have two adult sons, both of whom are married and they have two grandchildren.
Dr. Jeff is the Director and Founder of Wounded Heart Foundation. He is a professional counselor, licensed by the State of Michigan. Jeff has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and a Doctoral Degree in Formational Counseling from Ashland Theological Seminary. He works with adults in individual and group sessions providing counseling and psychotherapy. He specializes in trauma therapy, grief and loss, anger management, depression and anxiety. He also conducts seminars and workshops in marriage enrichment, communication skills, conflict resolution, and anger management.
Dr. Jeff employs an eclectic counseling model which integrates psychology and spirituality. He
seeks to tailor his approach to the individual needs of each person he works with in order to help them manage difficult life situations and reach their goals. Jeff's training and experience includes but is not limited to EMDR (Trauma Therapy), Psychodynamic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Formational Counseling and Spiritual Direction.
In 2016 Emery Sears joined the Wounded Heart staff. Emery has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. He works with children/adolescents, adults, couples and families in individual and group sessions providing counseling and psychotherapy.
has been trained in trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, DBT informed
therapy and Individual-Family Psycho-educational Psychotherapy (IF-PEP) as well
as cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness based cognitive behavioral
therapy. His approach is eclectic using a wide range of evidenced based and
practical interventions to fit the individual needs of each client.
If you are interested in
scheduling an appointment or would like further information, please call 734.777.3315
or you may also visit us at our website:
Hours: (Please schedule by appointment only. No walk-in’s. Thank you!)
- Monday: 9 - 8 pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 1 - 8 pm
- Thursday: 1 - 6 pm
- Friday – Sunday: Closed
- $80 a session for individual/couple counseling. (*See note for additional information.)
- We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards. Payment is due when services are rendered.
- 26335 Gibraltar Rd., Flat Rock, MI 48134
Note: Kirby has partnered with Wounded Heart since it was first established in 2009. Anyone who is a member or a regular attendee of Kirby for a year or more is eligible for a discount to help cover the cost of the fee. Please contact Beth (734.777.3315) if you would like more information or have any questions.
If you are interested in supporting this ministry, you can help in two ways.
- First & foremost, we ask for your prayers. Pray specifically that Dr. Jeff & Emery are able to help those that are under the struggles of life find healing through God’s unfailing love and grace.
- Second, If you would like to help support this ministry you are able to give financial support through the online giving on the Kirby website. From the Kirby website or the Kirby app under “Give”. Wounded Heart is listed under the “Choose Fund” drop down list.
- If you would like you may also use the envelopes that are available on the kiosk outside of the auditorium. If you pay by check please make checks payable to “Kirby” with “WH” noted in the memo line, and then place in the designated envelope and note Wounded Heart.
All support will be tax deductible and will show on your statement of giving at the end of the year. Thank you for your prayers and support for this ministry!